If you are a teacher, educator, parent or part of an interfaith group I would love to hear from you.
Please contact me by leaving a message and commenting below and writing to your fair trade towns coordinator to learn more about how you can get involved with fair trade.
At present I'm trying to establish a fairtrade educational and interfaith network in Dubai.
WHEN YOU'RE OUT AND ABOUT BEING ETHICAL IS SO EASY
With the help of my creative director Helen we've created a little reminder of how easy it is to support fairtrade producers and be ethical at the same time.
We hope you will find it useful.
Helen Barlow Scott and Sabeena Ahmed, Dubai, UAE
Apologies for the small font I will ask Helen for HD version soon.
TOP 10 TIPS TO FAIR TRADE AND ETHICAL SHOPPING
1. Seek Fairtrade, organic, slave free and eco friendly labels.
2. Support socially conscious brands.
3. Buy only what you love and be selective
and ask 'Who made my clothes?'
'Do I really need to buy it?'
4. Do your research if you can't see where the product is made the company does not want to know.
5. Think beyond the end result where did the sourcing happen and what is product made of?
6. Reduce waste by avoiding disposable products.
7. Shop locally and support independent designers and boutiques.
8. Shop vintage and upcycled for truly unique products.
9. Speak up - ask designers and shops where their products are made.
10. Make it yourself and impress your friends with your new found skills.
HAPPY SHOPPING, SEWING AND CRAFTING! :)
Thank you once again to Ms Moon Sharma, Mathew KK and the M.E.S.H team for the hospitality, love and kindness last year.
Best wishes to all fairtrade producers, artists, supporters, volunteers and friends around the world for being the voice and change for social, environmental and trade justice.
RESPECT, STAY STRONG, PEACE AND BLESSINGS!